ARC FLASH WORKSHOP
15 - 16 March 2018
SAIEE HOUSE, 18a Gill Street, Observatory, Johannesburg, 2198.
Non-member R7,200, SAIEE Member R5,700
NOTE: If proof of payment is received before the commencement of the course, the following rates will apply:
Non-Member R6,480, SAIEE Member R5,200
PLEASE SUBMIT REGISTRATIONS BY THE 08/03/2018
Arc flash is arguably one of the most topical issues being discussed in the electrical engineering community today (especially in the mining, utilities & manufacturing areas). Technology & safety procedures have significantly reduced most other forms of electrical injuries; however, incidents related to arc flash have surfaced as one of the leading causes of injury and death to workers.
What delegates will benefit from:
· Learn to apply the NEW South Africa Arc Flash Standard SANS 724
· Identify the important hazards in O&M work in different parts of electrical installations
· Recognise the dangers of arc flash events to working personnel & their impact on equipment
· Know the codes & standards dealing with arc flash danger
· Acquire the necessary theoretical knowledge to carry out arc flash impact studies by collecting system data & computing the arc flash incident energy & flash protection boundary
· Understand the importance of proper design of electrical equipment in avoiding arc flash incidents & ensuring safety in the event of an arc flash
· Select appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) & FR clothing required for avoiding serious or lethal injuries
This course is designed for personnel who want to understand the safety principles & work practices. Those who will benefit the most from this workshop include the following :
· Electrical Engineers
· Consulting Engineers
· Electrical Maintenance Engineers
· Safety Engineers
· Power System Protection & Control Engineers
· Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians
Upon completion of this course, you will receive 2 CPD Credits under validation number SAIEE-2080-V.