This in-depth course covers the basic elements for designing and applying power system protection principles for medium voltage distribution systems.
The course participants will, at the end of this course, be able to :
- Analyse any electrical power system for balanced three-phase and single-phase to-ground fault conditions.
- Design and apply unit and non-unit protection schemes to any component of a distribution voltage power system such as overhead power lines, motors, power transformers and substation busbars.
- Apply and carry out discrimination and co-ordinating principles in the calculation of fully graded protection relay settings for any protection scheme on MV distribution systems.
- Understand, design and apply effective and non-effective earthing to electrical power systems, and
- Apply any of these design and application principles to an inter-connected power system.
For more information on the costing of this event, please contact Roberto Benites via the contact details below