Engineering (and other) professionals are faced with new and daunting challenges with constant disruption brought about by innovation, digitization and Industrial Revolution 4.0. This workshop will enable participants to acquire Design Thinking (a Human centric process) related skillset to appreciate and understand these changes better to experiment and deliver more holistic, innovative new solutions and possibly scalable solutions adding more value. The approach will include power point presentations, engagement and discussion among all participants (learners and instructors) to ingrain collaborative thinking and teamwork, and real-life case studies. Participants will “learn by doing” and be developing their respective projects during the course of the workshop. Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to: • Develop a broad awareness and understanding of global, local, market and people dynamics and build a context in the prevailing landscape.
• Investigate and understand the design thinking process and tools to reframe to new ways of working to develop creative and innovative solutions
• Understand Customer and Stakeholders – empathise to understand hidden/ latent needs.
• Experience the different steps of the design thinking process such as empathy, user insight, understanding context, ideation, prototyping and evaluation.
• Visualize and articulate designs and decision process in a simple, effective, convincing and objective manner
• Experiment and identify new products, services and solutions, evaluate project viability and scalability.
• Work in multidisciplinary and diverse teams and apply skills in a sustainable ingrained creative approach.