27th Southern African Universities Power Engineering Conference
29 - 31 January, Hosted by Central University of Technology, Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa
ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
It is with great pleasure that we announce the 27th Southern African Universities Power Engineering Conference (SAUPEC 2019). This flagship Southern Africa regional conference will be hosted by the Department of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering of Central University of Technology, Free State in conjunction with the South African Institute of Electrical Engineers (SAIEE). SAUPEC brings together academics and students in electrical engineering from the region to present research papers, network and expand the fraternity that has been built as part of the SAUPEC legacy since the first conference in 1990. The conference will incorporate the Eskom Tertiary Education Support Programme (TESP) report-back meeting.
Advancing the knowledge and understanding of Power and energy as core components of Industry 4.0
Including, but not limited to:
· Transmission, Distribution and Reticulation Networks
· Protection and System Automation
· Quality of Supply, Reliability and Condition Monitoring
· High Voltage Engineering
· Load Modelling and Demand Side Management
· Energy Management and Energy Efficiency
· Electrical Machines and Drives
· Distributed and Embedded Generation
· Smart Grids and Microgrids
· Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
· Energy Economics and Tariffs
Power Engineering Education
Prospective authors are invited to submit high-quality papers in the above research fields. Papers, with maximum length of six pages, are to be prepared in accordance with the SAUPEC format available on the conference website.
Full papers submitted in the period 1 October to 1 November are guaranteed of peer review. Those received between 1 and 15 November are not guaranteed of peer review. Papers received after 15 November will not be peer reviewed but may be considered as discussion articles. Papers accepted by the review panel will be published in the conference proceedings. Papers not accepted by the review panel may be presented as posters, but will not be included in the proceedings. All papers will be checked for plagiarism and screened accordingly. The full review policy is available on the conference website.
The full conference programme will be made available in due course on the conference website. The Eskom Tertiary Education Support Programme (TESP) report back meeting and SAUPEC plenary session are scheduled for 30 January 2019.
General chair: Prof K Kusakana
Technical chairs: Dr. BT Mangara, Dr. ED Markus, Dr. PT Manditereza
(Review panel, presentation program and proceedings):
Conference secretariat: Mrs. Gerda Geyer ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
Central University of Technology, Free State in Bloemfontein, South Africa
The registration fee includes the following:
· Conference kit, including a conference bag, conference program and conference proceedings in electronic format.
· Tea/coffee & refreshments at registration sessions, mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks.
· Buffet lunch, meet & greet function and conference Gala Dinner.
· The registration form will be made available on the conference website and available from secretariat.
A list of alternative hotels and guest houses in the vicinity of the conference venue will be made available on the conference website.
1 October 2018: Paper submission opens.
1 November 2018: Papers for peer review submission deadline.
15 November 2018: Discussion paper submission deadline.
15 December 2018: Peer reviewed papers final version submission deadline.
15 December 2018: Registration fees due.