(IEEE Accreditation and Registration submitted)
27 -29 January 2021, Hosted by the North-West University, South Africa
ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
It is with great pleasure that we announce the SAUPEC/RobMech/PRASA 2021 incorporating the 29th Southern African Universities Power Engineering Conference, the 13th Robotics and Mechatronics Conference of South Africa and the 31th Annual Symposium of the Pattern Recognition Association of South Africa. This flagship Southern Africa regional conference will be hosted by the School of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering of the North-West University, in conjunction with the South African Institute of Electrical Engineers (SAIEE). SAUPEC, RobMech and PRASA brings together experts from the industry, academics and students in engineering, computer science, pattern recognition, robotics and mechatronics to present research papers, network, and expand the fraternity that has been built as part of the SAUPEC, RobMech, and PRASA legacies. The conference will incorporate the Eskom Tertiary Education Support Programme (TESP) report-back meeting.
We invite you to submit original papers in any area, including but not limited to:
For the SAUPEC track:
• Power Generation
• Transmission, Distribution and Reticulation Networks
• Protection and System Automation
• Quality of Supply, Reliability and Condition Monitoring
• High Voltage Engineering
• Load Modelling and Demand Side Management
• Energy Management and Energy Efficiency
• Electrical Machines and Drives
• Power Electronics
• Renewable Energy
• Distributed and Embedded Generation
• Smart Grids and Microgrids
• Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
• Energy Economics and Tariffs
• Power Engineering Education
For the RobMech Track:
• FMS Artificial Intelligence
• Knowledge Based Systems
• Information Technology Applied to Manufacturing
• Computer-Aided Engineering Education
• Sensors and Applications
• Robots and Automation
• Lean Manufacturing Logistics
• Modelling and Simulation Scheduling
• Rapid Prototyping
• Management of Technology
• Operations Management
• Education and Training using Robotics
• Agile Manufacturing
• Distributed Control Systems
• Manufacturing Neural Networks
• Mobile robotics
• Mining robotics
For the PRASA Track:
• Classifiers and related topics
• Speech processing
• Natural language processing
• Computer vision and image processing
• Signal processing
• Remote sensing
• Artificial intelligence
• Machine learning
• Computational analytics
• End-user applications and systems
The conference website is at www.saiee.org.za
Prospective authors are invited to submit high-quality papers in the above research
fields. Papers, with maximum length of six pages, are to be prepared in accordance with
the IEEE format available on the conference website.
Full papers will be assessed by at least two reviewers. Papers accepted by the review
panel will be published in the conference proceedings. Papers not accepted by the
review panel may be presented as posters but will not be included in the proceedings.
The full review policy is available on the conference website. Papers will be submitted
to IEEE to be uploaded on IEEE Xplore after IEEE has approved the conference.
The full conference programme will be made available on the conference website.
Chairs: Prof Jan De Kock (general), Dr Gerhard Botha (technical SAUPEC) Prof Pieter Van
Vuuren (technical PRASA), prof Kenny Uren (technical RobMech), Prof Andre Grobler
Conference secretariat: Mrs. Gerda Geyer (email@example.com).
North-West University, Faculty of Engineering Building N1, Potchefstroom.
The registration fee includes the following:
• Conference kit, including conference proceedings in electronic format.
• Tea/coffee & refreshments at registration sessions, mid-morning and mid-afternoon
• Buffet lunch, meet & greet function and conference gala Dinner.
• The registration form will be made available on the conference website and available
Each delegate is responsible to make their own accommodation bookings. A list of
alternative hotels and guest houses in the vicinity of the conference venue will be made
available on the conference website.
14 October 2020: Paper submission closes
9 December 2020: Notification of acceptance
15 December 2020: Camera-ready papers due and registration opens
27 January 2021: TESP report-back meeting
28-29 January 2021: Main conference